Whether you’re a town, city, shopping centre or tourist resort, if you want to build a reputation for providing a top-notch welcome to tourists and local visitors alike, you are already on your way to becoming a WorldHost Recognised Destination.
There are two steps to achieving recognition:
- Become a WorldHost Committed Destination – working with the WorldHost team, put together a plan of how you will train local businesses using the WorldHost customer service training programme
- Train 25 percent of businesses in your area to WorldHost Recognised Business standards – this means they must train 50 percent or more of their front-line staff using any of the WorldHost customer service training programmes.
Once you achieve the 25 percent target, you will achieve WorldHost Recognised Destination status. We will send you an official certificate and stickers to show off in your area and a badge for you to display on your website.
When visitors see the WorldHost logo displayed in your local businesses, they will know that those businesses have made an investment in giving them a great experience, and that their staff will give them the attention that they deserve – promoting a positive image of service in the local area.
WorldHost recognition is the ‘must have’ badge for customer service. It’s a great way to attract new visitors to your area and get your current customers to keep returning – building your profile as a tourist destination and delivering a real boost to your local economy.
Benefits of becoming a WorldHost Recognised Destination
By becoming a WorldHost Recognised (or Committed) Destination you will:
- Be able to display the WorldHost recognition logo on all your collateral and on websites that promote your destination
- Promote a positive sense of pride in your local community and businesses
- Make sure that staff in your local businesses are trained in the art of customer service, creating a culture of excellent service in your destination
- Give staff in your local businesses the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification in customer service
- Create a PR opportunity for your destination – let your local media know that your businesses have been recognised for great service!
- Be able to put your destination forward for customer service awards and competitions – and be confident in your ability to win!
I’d like to get my area WorldHost recognised - how do I become a WorldHost Committed Destination?
If you’ve already put your plan in place, your next step is to sign your commitment letter. This confirms that you will:
- Endorse WorldHost as the preferred customer service training programme for your location
- Communicate about WorldHost to your local community: develop a calendar of direct communication, media coverage and events activities
- Help your local businesses access WorldHost training through our team of accredited trainers
To get started, download the commitment letter now.
If your plan is not quite ready yet, just get in contact with a member of our team and we will help you to get the ball rolling! To get in touch, simply send us an email or call 0203 074 1212.
I’m a local business owner and would like to get my area WorldHost recognised, but I‘m just one business – how do I go about it?
If you’d like to get together with other businesses and organisations in your area to work towards WorldHost recognition, our team can advise you on who to get in touch with. We’d be happy to help – just drop us an email or call 0203 074 1212 to get in touch.